Podcasts Storifyed for Fall 2014 Visual Journalism Class
Students Elaine Sponholtz’s Visual Journalism class at the College of Journalism and Communications (JOU3220C) brought SPOHP podcasts to life using visual storytelling websites Storify, Exposure, and Storehouse in Fall 2014.
- “La Casita: A Story of the Latino Population at UF” by Kelcey Thomas using Exposure.
- “Women’s Roles During the Vietnam War” by Laura Cardona using Exposure, based on an oral history with Mary Bahr.
- “Thelma Jordan: Alachua’s First Black Female Principal” by Ashley Pancoast using Exposure.
- “I Never Will Forget” by Caylee Dawn using Storify, on the Mississippi Freedom Project at SPOHP.
- “Bridging the Gap” by Antara Sinha using Storehouse, on a Retired Faculty of Florida interview with Dr. Anita Spring.
- “Willing Warriors on Both Sides: Dr. Lawrence Goodwyn’s Narrative” by Emily Cochrane using Storify, based on a Alachua County African American History Project interview with Dr. Lawrence Goodwyn.
- “We Are One People” by Heather Reinblatt using Storify, based on a Florida Queer History interview with Fred Pratt.
- “Mary Bahr, Female Soldier” by Alison Eckerle using Storify, based on an oral history with Mary Bahr that later became a podcast.
- “Oral History Project: Southern Honor” by Allie Hershorn using Storify about pride