Contact the Samuel Proctor Oral History Program
Contact the Samuel Proctor Oral History Program for information about engaging in the scholarly and educational life of the University of Florida and beyond through public history programs, academic conferences, and scholarly collaborations.
The Samuel Proctor Oral History Program
241 Pugh Hall, P.O. Box 115215
The University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (352) 392-7168
Fax: (352) 846-1983
Visiting the SPOHP Offices
The Samuel Proctor Oral History Program offices are located on the second floor of Pugh Hall in Rooms 240-250. Pugh Hall is on Buckman Road across from Turlington Hall at the University of Florida.
Interviewees arriving for scheduled interviews during the day (9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) may receive a parking pass from SPOHP and park outside of the building in front of Pugh. During the day, visitors may also use:
- Pay facilities to park at UF’s Reitz Union Parking Garage on the corner of Museum Road and Reitz Union Drive or off-campus at the St. Augustine Church Parking Lot on 1736 NW 1st Avenue
- Bike racks outside of Pugh Hall
- Regional Transit System buses around Gainesville and the University of Florida
Attendees of evening events, please note that parking restrictions on-campus are lifted after 5:00 p.m., and parking can be found in lots noted on the UF Transportation and Parking Services Map (PDF). SPOHP also routinely places identifying signs for parking around the building.
Additional information available from:
- UF Transportation and Parking Services
- UF Visitor Parking Information
- UF Transit and Commuting Options
- Gator Lift Shuttle Service for students, faculty and staff with mobility-related disabilities.
For additional information, call the offices at (352) 392-7168, and connect with us online today. Social media pins from Greenleaf Imaging.