SPOHP’s official free, community podcasts offer oral history episodes for download, featuring first-person interviews and living histories of individuals from all walks of life.
Over 100 podcast features, and four ongoing podcast series, are now available to a global audience through the University of Florida Digital Collections, iTunes and SoundCloud. These podcasts are created by staff, undergraduate and graduate students, and community volunteers with the intention of making oral histories shareable in an easy-to-access format. Almost all podcasts are under 15 minutes or less to facilitate easy access to local history for students, teachers, and the general public.
Special thanks to volunteer Jeff Flanagan for his dedication and hard work to bring these podcasts online. They are available to share with a broader world thanks to his help.
–Updated Spring 2017
Recent in Podcasting News and Announcements: The SPOHP Podcast and University of Florida Digital Collections Archive
- Safe Spaces: Episode 3 – “Miracle On 13th Street”
- Our Year-End Journal is Available Now
- “Surviving & Resisting: Defending DACA A Toolkit For DREAMers.”
- SPOHP Open House Scheduled for Sept. 29
- Safe Spaces: Episode 2 – “Friends with Weapons”
- Fall 2017 Internship Applications Are Now Available
- Big News: We’re On the Air!
- SPOHP iTunes Podcast Series
- Fall 2016 Internship Class Podcasts: Sport at the University of Florida
- Spring 2016 Internship Class Podcasts: Florida Craft Brew